- Here is another beautiful file folder game from Kimberly Bourne Design that works well with this lesson.
- Start the lesson out by giving out hugs and heart stickers and telling each child that Jesus and Heavenly Father love them.
- Cover a piece of cardboard with foil and write on it, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me" so it's like a mirror. Let each child decorate it with some heart or other fun stickers then practice saying the phrase together.
- Make sashes with the saying, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me." You can decorate these in class with stickers or color with crayons.
- Make some play dough or buy some and bring in loving cookie cutters to play with such as a heart. Use wax paper or a plastic tablecloth for easy clean up.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Love One Another"- Children's Songbook pg. 136
"God's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 97
"I Feel My Savior's Love"- Children's Songbook pg. 74
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Where Love Is"- Children's Songbook pg. 138
"Jesus is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"A Child's Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 12
My Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 4 handout packet includes:
- Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love.... heart. Put the child's name after the world love. You can print two copies and turn this into a pocket or bag.
- Mini Hearts with various images- These images go with the activity idea towards the end of the lesson in the manual. As you go to different parts of the room, let everyone put one of the mini hearts into their bag as a reminder.
- Please note, I made two versions of these handouts- color and black and white to save you some ink- print on colored paper instead.
If you like these lesson helps, please pin them so others can find them too. Thanks!
The Love of God mobile- Pictures that you could make into a mobile, a flip book. or cut and paste on to paper for another coloring activity. Instead of punching holes and tying string think curling ribbon and taping to go quicker. This handout contains pictures of things that let us know Heavenly Father loves us. You could pull these out of a bag as you talk about them as well or use the last one as a name tag and throughout the class add more heart stickers.
I Know My Savior Loves Me- Words and music to a beautiful song.
Love One Another- Scroll down and you'll find a booklet that you can print out, color, and put together that tells us how Jesus taught us to love one another.
Heartful of Love- A heart full of love to color.
God is Love- Color in the boxes with hearts and see the message, "God is Love"
"I Love You This Much" Card- Great card idea. Could make the accordion part with words "Jesus loves you this much" then trace their hands and tape on in class.
"I Know That My Savior Loves Me"- Beautiful song with music sheet.
Jesus Loves Me- A great poster to use during your lesson
Jesus Christ Loves Everyone- A booklet to color and assemble.
Heavenly Father Loves You- A poster that you can use during the lesson and read quotes from President Thomas S. Monson