- Looking for more activities to do in Nursery? Finch Family Games has lots of great ones from file folders to handouts including Nursery Time books (there are 3 volumes).
- The Red Headed Hostess has great class packet to help you teach this lesson including a coloring page and lesson activities. Please note this packet is intended for Primary 1 but I feel a lot of it would work great in nursery. You know your class best though so check it out thoroughly before purchasing.
- Have each child lie down on a piece of white butcher paper then trace them. Cut out if possible or just have the child color and decorate (may need help with face). Explain that the Holy Ghost is a spirit that looks like our bodies. This was one of the ways that really helped my children understand that the Holy Ghost really looks like us but in Spirit form- not like the ghosts in books.
- If you have older nursery kids, this Holy Ghost file folder game from Kimberly Bourne Designs is a great addition to the lesson especially if you use the blanket analogy.
The following are LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Listen, Listen"- Children's Songbook pg. 107 (Round)
"Search, Ponder, and Pray"- Children's Songbook pg. 109
"The First Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 122
"The Holy Ghost"- Children's Songbook pg. 105
"The Still Small Voice"- Children's Songbook pg. 106
Comfort in Trials (about 4 minutes)- The Holy Spirit can provide comfort
Patterns of Light: Discerning Light (about 2 minutes)- How we can recognize divine light
Having the Holy Ghost (about 3 minutes)- How you can invite the Holy Ghost in your life
Create (about 2 minutes)- President Uchtdorf invites us to rely on the Spirit
My Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 6 handout packet includes
- Boy or Girl to cut out and color
- Quilt coloring sheet- Use the blanket analogy when referring to the Holy Ghost- he helps us feel warm, comforted, happy be guiding to make right choices. During your lesson, have everyone hold onto their paper doll and wrap the quilt around it.
Listen to the Still, Small Voice- Use the idea of a blanket to explain how the Holy Ghost can warm and comfort you. Pin some pictures that also explain what the Holy Ghost does or ways to invite Him into our lives- ex. prayer, love, etc.
Holy Ghost Invitation- An invite that shows ways we can invite the Holy Ghost into our lives. May be good for coloring.
Gifts of the Spirit Treasure Box- Make this treasure box then fill with gems (paper or big plastic ones). You can read a few of the scriptures but also tape a picture onto the back of the gems that represents that idea.
The Liahona and the Holy Ghost- A mini roller box with illustrations and the story of the Liahona. You could use the cube pictures from the lesson instead.
The Kingdom Up on High- You could make this picture into a necklace and hand them out to the kids.
Remember- Cut these pictures out and play a memory game with the older nursery children or use the pictures to create a collage about the Holy Ghost and Baptism.
Listen to the Still, Small Voice- Use the pictures to help talk about the Holy Ghost (put them in a bag and draw them out)