This post is sponsored by Barnes and Noble; however, opinions are 100% my own. Read our full disclosure.
Who is the hardest person to shop for in your life? Your husband, your parents, or even yourself? There are just some people that leave you stumped! That's why you'll love Barnes and Noble's Discovery Weekend. This weekend you have the perfect opportunity to not only get help finding the perfect gift, but to also participate in a whole lot of fun.
I was lucky enough to attend an exclusive blogger preview of #BNDiscovery this week and found so many great things! Did you know that you can buy records at Barnes and Noble now? Barnes and Noble isn't just a bookstore. You can find some great educational toys, music, calendars, and of course, books. I headed to the Kids' section right away. Santa always leaves at least one book in my kids' stockings. This year though, I want Santa to leave a book that my kids haven't explored yet. So I got some help from Santa's elves, or the booksellers at Barnes and Noble. I told one of the booksellers what books each child was interested in now but how I wanted to get them excited about another series. He gave me all kinds of great suggestions!
My 6 year old daughter has been really into the Rainbow Fairy books but it is time to take on a new series. He recommend the Magic Animal series- you can see the Magic Reindeer book above. It is covered in sparkles which is perfect for my 6 year old. The Spirit Animals books are for my 8 year old. It is so nice to go into a store and talk to someone that really knows what they are talking about and can point you in the right direction. If you know that your sister-in-law has all the Ally Condie books, ask the booksellers which other books she may like too.
Discovery Weekend Events
Need some more incentive to get out of your yoga pants? November 21-23, Barnes and Noble stores nationwide are putting on some great activities. Here are just a few of the things going on in each store Saturday:
- 10 am Create with ArtFolds- You've seen the beautifully folded book art all over Pinterest, now make your own!
- 11 am Learn to Draw Like Mo Willems Storytime and Activity- Can't enough of that Pigeon!
- 1 pm Puppet Making and Holiday Sing-Along- What a fun way to get into the holiday spirit.
- 7 pm Holiday Fluxx Game Night- Try a new game for some family fun.
Sounds like a great day, right? And its all FREE. You may want to call ahead at your store to see if they are doing sign ups. Mine is not but yours may as there are limited supplies. Explore all the activities this weekend on Barnes and Noble's website.
Be sure to take a minute and just walk around the store too. The nice thing about walking around a real store instead of just shopping online is that you can discover products you wouldn't have otherwise (ever get the same recommendations over and over while shopping online?). There are so many displays catered to every interest so take a peek.
Barnes and Noble makes it easy to browse with kids in tow. There are lots of these Hands-On Learning tables and easy to read signage throughout the store. You can even leave the kids here with one parent while the other sneaks away to buy some Christmas gifts.
- The Frozen Table! Highly popular and full of great activity books, toys, storybooks, singalongs, and much more. If you have a Frozen fan in your house, you will definitely want to check this table out!
- The Educational Toy Department. The toys here make your child think and get creative. Look at these cute puzzles you can do over Christmas break.
- S'mores Cookies- Only $1 during select times. These cookies are huge and super delicious.
- Your Chance to Win a $1,000 shopping spree in New York City with Nick Jonas. Visit the Nook counter this weekend to enter.
- The Outrageous Holiday Sweater Contest- Take a selfie in your craziest holiday sweater while at Barnes and Noble and you could win several great prizes. Be sure to use #BNSweaterContest when you post it to social media to enter!
- Donate a Book- Pick a book from the self, include a note, and donate it to charity at check out.
Find out more about the events (and great sales like $50 off the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook) on the Barnes and Noble website!
What is your favorite Christmas book?