This post may contain affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! See the full disclosure.
Let's skip the unaccomplished New Year's resolutions this year! Once you've determined your goals, it's time to make actionable steps to get there. How are you going to accomplish each goal? Where should you be at the end of this month with your goals, in 3 months, 6 months, etc? These Goal Setting worksheets from the Dating Divas really help you divide your goals into actionable and attainable goals. Once you have the steps, you need the resources. Here are some of the most popular goals with great resources and ideas to help you attain them.
Family Time Goals
Are you wanting to develop the habit of weekly Family Home Evenings? Do you want to have more regular one on one time with your children? Try some of these ideas:
- This page on the Church's website is a great resource for FHE lessons.
- Make it easy to organize whose turn it is for treats and who gets to teach the lesson with this FHE Chore Chart.
- These are great Family Night Reminder Cards to help you think of activities for FHE. I love that you can put them out so you'll see them all day and remember to hold FHE.
- Make a plan for the year for family time dates. Schedule them in at the beginning of the month and you're set. Want to spend more intentional time with your spouse too? This Year of Dates binder makes it easy.
- Take 15 minutes every night to focus on one child. Go for a walk together, play a game in the basement away from everyone else, or make dinner together. Be clear on the expectations for this time with your whole family and make it happen at a consistent time every day.
Physical Fitness Goals
Probably the most popular goal every New Year. Here are a few ideas to get you motivated and on track:
- Train for the Color Run in your area. Pick the date then work backwards and start your training schedule. It's a great sense of accomplishment and you can do it with the whole family.
- If you struggle with portion control as well as physical activity, 21 Day Fix is an excellent way to retrain yourself. It includes tupperware to help you measure your portions as well as a variety of workouts to work on your whole body. I love the way this program trains you to eat for life and not simply diet. I recommend doing the extra 10 minute of abs too.
- Need a workout that is fun? I love Cize. It's a dance workout that is fun! If you need a little extra motivation, this is my go to.
- Know you want to workout from home but don't know which program you'll like? I'm a big fan of the Beachbody On Demand. You can try out several programs and find what works for you. It's cheaper than a gym and you can take it with you so if you travel, bring your tablet and you can exercise in your hotel room. You can try it for free for 30 days too!
Daily Scripture Study Goals
How many times have you read 1 Nephi? Give yourself a goal of what exactly you want to read or topics you would like to study then plan it out. If you have a more specific goal, you are more likely to achieve it. Remember to feast on the words of Christ, you don't need to read information from 5 different sources, you simply need to make the words you are reading count. Set aside time when you won't be distracted and you can fully concentrate on what you are reading. Here are few schedules and ideas to help you get started:
- Preach My Gospel Study Journal- Study it with your spouse, as a family, or on your own. The great thing about studying Preach My Gospel is that it includes challenges along the way to help you be a better member missionary too!
- Book of Mormon or New Testament Reading Schedule- Divided up by chapters to help you get through each set in a month, 6 months, or a year.
- A Study on the Temple- This is a great one to start your year off especially if you have temple attending goals as well this year.
- This Book of Mormon Journal is a great for your children.
- You pick the book and topic but keep your thoughts organized and stay focused with this Study by Chapter Scripture Study Kit from the Red Headed Hostess.
Learn New Things Goals
We learn little tidbits of information daily. Are you ready to take it a step further and intentionally learn a new skill or facts this year?
- Little LDS Ideas has created this excellent LDS Goals Booklet. It's divided up into different categories. The focus is on monthly goals to help you attain each one. You'll learn new things and be uplifted.
- Learn to use your mobile phone's camera like a pro. This online class through Craftsy is the perfect way to start capturing your 2106 memories even better.
- Gardening goal in your future? Take the time to learn a little now and reap the benefits this summer. Try this Grow Better Greens class or others from Craftsy.
- Learn how to make your own handouts and graphics for church. Picmonkey has a lot of tutorials on their blog plus you can use their editing tools for free. I recommend the paid version for snappier performance and more tools though. See how I make handouts in this tutorial.
- Learn to the play the piano for free! We love these online piano lessons from Hoffman Academy. It's fun and educational!
- Discover a new language this year. Duolingo is a popular program that takes you through words and phrases a little a time and gives you incentives to study everyday. You can use it on a computer or get the app and learn on the go.
It's time to get serious. Being well organized will help you with all of your other goals. Are you ready?
- Weekly Family Meeting Agenda- Start with your family. Make sure everyone knows what is going on and what is expected. Use this weekly meeting time to see what others need from the grocery store, rotate chores, plan rides, and more. Print out my free Family Agenda here.
- Mormon Mom Planner- Keep everything in one place including the most important priorities with the Mormon Mom Planner. I love all that she includes and the fun stamps to easily add in visiting teaching appointments or other frequent appointments.
- Plan an hour in your week to clean out on small area of your house. Only 1 hour and only 1 small section. You'll feel better about what you've accomplished without being completely overwhelmed.
- Looking for a way to stay more organized in your calling? This 2016 Young Women's Presidency Planner even includes pages to plan the bigger events like Young Women's in Excellence. My Computer is My Canvas also has planners for Primary, Relief Society, and more.
- Financial organization goals? Sometimes it better to go back to paper. Try this finance planner and make time each day or week or sit down and go through it with your spouse.
Your Turn- What are some of your goals this new year? What are some of your favorite resources?