This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support! See the full disclosure.
Howard W. Hunter Chapter 6: The Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the perfect lesson for this March! One of the things we love about Easter is all the hope and love that surrounds it. As we study the life of Jesus Christ, we feel God's and Christ's love for us. There is so much joy wrapped in the message of the Atonement and Resurrection. We have so much to look forward to, to hope for. However, as the scripture Psalms 30:5 points out, there may be weeping along the way but the joy that follows will far outweigh all the sorrows. Repentance takes works but the Atonement allows us to be clean again. When our loved ones pass on, there is deep sorrow but we know that we will see them again.
Remember, these files are for your use in church or at home only. You may not alter them in any way or post them somewhere else. If you would like to request a personalization, please email me. Thanks!
As we think of the Atonement and the Resurrection and how deeply personal it is for each one of us, let us also remember our families. The Resurrection is what makes it possible for our families to be together forever.
- Take advantage of this chance to give chocolate and a meaningful handout! Use these great Easter Resurrection nugget wrappers from My Computer is My Canvas.
- Share this free Easter study to further study the miracles Jesus performed including the Resurrection.
- Tie in the Church's Easter campaign. It's a beautiful message being shared with the #Hallelujah hashtag this year. There are 3 videos including the virtual choir. Share one or some of the last week of Easter scenes and gifs.
- Encourage your ward to take part of the virtual choir the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is doing this year. Then listen to the final results as part of your lesson.
- Use the gift tags above to talk about all the gifts that come as a result of the Resurrection- the hope, love, peace, comfort, and more. Click the image above to print.
- Put lesson questions or quotes in Easter eggs for a fun twist. Include a little treat as a thank you!
- Use these Resurrection Egg Countdown to discuss different parts of Christ's life and what His sacrifice means to us or get the full Resurrection Eggs kit here.
- Study the Atonement more with this lesson packet from The Redheaded Hostess.
- Use this beautiful handout from Periwinkle Inc.
- Remember to also join our Private Facebook Group where we discuss how to teach each lesson.
- Talk about the appearances of Christ after he was resurrected (idea #3 in the video below). You can print out a list plus 4 scripture cards to ponder here.
- More ideas in my YouTube video below (it's a little fuzzy at first but gets clearer).
"All Creatures of Our God and King"- Hymn #62
"All Glory, Laud, and Honor"- Hymn #69
"Behold the Great Redeemer Die"- Hymn #191
"He Died! The Great Redeemer Died"- Hymn #192
"He Is Risen!"- Hymn #199
"O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown"- Hymn #197
"That Easter Morn"- Hymn #198
"Lo, the Mighty God Appearing!"- Hymn #55
"Lord, Accept Our True Devotion"- Hymn #107
Questions to Ponder
- How does the Atonement demonstrated the love that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father have for you?
- How can you show gratitude for the gift of the Atonement?
- How does the Atonement bless you?
- How does President Hunter's teaching in section 2 enhance your understanding of the Atonement?
- What experiences have caused your testimony of the Atonement to be strengthened?
- How does the Atonement strengthen you during your trials?
- What is your testimony of the Resurrection?
- How can you better appreciate the significance of the Resurrection?
- How has knowledge of the Resurrection been a comfort to you?
- How do you make the focus of Easter about Christ's Resurrection and Atonement?
- In what ways does the Resurrection and Atonement give you hope?
- Who did Jesus appear to after his Resurrection?
- How does reading other's witnesses of the Resurrection help you?
- What is the significance of the witnesses in this chapter?
- How does your testimony of the Resurrection enrich your life?
Suggested Study Schedule
If you like these lesson helps, please show it by liking Chicken Scratch n Sniff Facebook page.
Watch Resurrection: The Ultimate Triumph (about 1 minute)
Watch The Savior Suffers in Gethsemane (about 8 1/2 minutes)
Watch Jesus Is Resurrected (about 4 minutes)
"He Is Risen!" by President Thomas S. Monson
"Resurrection" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"'Because I Live, Ye Shall Live Also'" by President Ezra Taft Benson