This post may contain affiliate links at no extra cost to you. See the full disclosure.
Looking for More Info on that Photo?
- PLEASE READ THIS! It will explain more of what is going for the next while.
- 5 Road Trip Hacks that will really get you ready to go (like the claw!)
- 10 tricks to keep your kids off electronics and away from the dreaded question- "Are we there yet?"
- What to see at Temple Square
- Top tips for visiting Nauvoo and the great free mementos you can while you are there.
- Keep your vacation memories with this neat trick.
- Heading to the New York Church History sites? Read these tips before you go.
- Find all sorts of Teaching Tips for adults, youth, and Primary.
Find the support you need from teachers like you in my private Facebook Groups
Please note, if I can't tell you are a real person (profile pictures, friends, posts, etc.) I will not approve you. I do my best to keep spam out.
- Chicken Scratch n Sniff Private- If you teach Relief Society or Priesthood, come join this group!
- LDS Primary Farm- All Primary teachers (and yes presidents are welcome too) join together in this group to share more of your ideas and handouts.
- General Conference Talks Teachers- For those 4th Sunday teachers a new group was recently created for you to help each other out. I know online helps are slim but if everyone speaks up, this will be an excellent resource.
- Come, Follow Me Discussion Group- This group was started by my blogging friend, Heather from LDS Youth Leadership. It is focused on the YM/YW lessons.
Looking for something else? Try the search bar.
Each week I share teaching tips using the hashtag #TeachlikeaChicken. Why in the world would you want to teach like a chicken?! In D&C 10:65 it states,
"For, behold, I will gather them as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if they will not harden their hearts"
When a hen's chicks are in danger, the hen raises her wings and clucks wildly. No matter where her chicks are, they come scurrying back and she protects them underneath her wings. The hen may get hurt but the chicks stay safe. As a teacher, you are the hen. You are calling to your chicks, or class members, to stay safe. Dangers are everywhere in this world as we continue to battle against Satan and his army. It is your job to teach and strengthen to keep your chicks safe. It is up to your class members to decide if they will listen.
Teach like a Chicken this week.
Remember as you share your lesson plans, preparations or thoughts with #TeachlikeaChicken you could be featured on our account. Please note- your use of the hashtag gives me permission to use the photo. I will always credit you.