The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 14: Adam and Eve Were Created in Heavenly Father's Image is to understand that Adam and Eve were created in the image of Heavenly Father.
- There is never very much on Adam and Eve in terms of activities to do. Since this lesson seemed to have more to do with the creation as a whole instead of us being like Heavenly Father, I included creation activities as well. This lesson ends the whole creation study.
- I found this great Adam and Even file folder game and paper doll chain that would work for this lesson especially as you tie everything together.
- The Red Headed Hostess has more teaching suggestions and activities in her lesson packet or grab her combo packet.
The following are all links to LDS.org resources unless stated otherwise.
"Lesson from Eve" by Elder Russell M. Nelson (Quorum of the 12 Apostles)
"Adam, the Archangel" by Elder Mark E. Petersen (former member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles)
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 228
"The World Is So Big"- Children's Songbook pg. 235
"All Things Bright and Beautiful"- Children's Songbook pg. 231
"Beauty Everywhere"- Children's Songbook pg. 232
"Because God Loves Me"- Children's Songbook pg. 234
My Primary 1 Lesson 14 handout packet includes
- 7 page accordian booklet reviewing the last few lessons and ending a coloring page of Adam and Eve. Color and add stickers for more fun. You will have to assemble the book let. You can glue each 2 page section together then fold or cut each apart and staple.
- 7 page accordian booklet with words only. Glue in fun objects instead- gold foil star stickers, animal fabric squares, shimmery blue paper. Have fun making this a more textile book ending the last page with a photo or drawing of themselves.
Garden of Eden- Finger puppets to tell the story
Like Adam and Eve- Fold the picture so Adam and Eve are in the front then it opens to kids that are just like them
The Creation- Some pictures of the creation that you could us during the lesson. Try putting them together as a necklace or giving out to each to child to hold when you tell your lesson.
Reverence for the Creation- This one has some pictures to glue onto a box lid to create a scene.
My Creation Book- Booklet to make
Gratitude for God's Creations- A pioneer perspective on being grateful for God's creations- includes a picture of pioneer wagon that can be used as a view finder.
I Live in a Beautiful World- Can color these pictures or use them to talk about different ways we can appreciate God's creations- through all our senses.
What Am I?- Guess the object in these close up pictures
World Frame- Draw a picture of yourself in the middle enjoying God's creations.
Enjoying the Earth- Circle the similar objects
Sun, Moon, and Stars- Mobile
The Heavens Declare the Glory of God- Bright Ideas poster