Primary 1 Lesson 2: Heavenly Father has a Body- The purpose of this lesson is to understand that Heavenly Father is real with a perfected body of flesh and bones and that we were made in His image.
- Latter-day Chatter has a free puzzle to use with this lesson- it's only four pieces so most should be able to do it on their own. You could also do it as a class though and put hidden questions or activities on the back of each piece.
- Spread out some butcher paper instead for the Attention Activity for giant size fun (everyone loves seem a life size version of themselves on paper)
- The Red Headed Hostess has a great lesson packet that includes 5 learning activities perfect for this lesson.
- Bring some small mirrors with you to have the children hold up one of the Activities in the manual.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"I Have Two Ears"- Children's Songbook pg. 269
"Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"- Children's Songbook pg. 275
"The Lord Game Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
"I Wiggle"- Children's Songbook pg. 271
"Roll Your Hands"- Children's Songbook pg. 274
"Oh, How We Love to Stand"- Children's Songbook pg. 279
My LDS Primary 1 Lesson 2 handout packet includes
- Joseph Smith coloring page- Color or cut into big puzzle pieces for each child
- I Have a Body craft page- Comes in a boy and girl version with oversized clothes to represent how we are similiar to our earthly parents as well. Color the person then break out the foam shapes to stick around the border (or all over the page). Depending on your group of kids you may want to use the self-adhesive shapes or stick to glue.
I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me- Draw a picture inside the frame
I Have a Special Body- This is a verse with actions from Behold Your Little Ones (check out their handouts too)
Heavenly Father Loves Me and Has a Plan for Me- Personal snowflakes to make
I am a Child of God- Make a scripture box- glue it shut and use it as a dice instead
Joseph Smith's First Vision- Scripture figures to color
My Busy Body- Poster about what you can do with your body- point and do the actions together
My Body- a Temple- Make this simple paper toy of a boy exercising
My Body is a Temple of God- Maze (probably have to do this one all together or they could just scribble all over it)
I Live in a Beautiful World- Color and decide which sense you would use to enjoy these creations
Thankful Hunt- Hunt for things in each of the 5 senses for which to be thankful
Living the Word of Wisdom Shows Respect for My Body (family outside)
When I am Quite (includes a poem too)
Heavenly Father Loves You (family)