The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 18: Heavenly Father Helps Us Obey His Commandments is to understand that we can receive help to obey the commandments.
- If you have an older class, this finger fold from Rachael's Booknook is super fun.
- I also like these Keys to Obedience from The Better Mom. They definitely point out qualities in Nephi's obedience.
- As always, The Red Headed Hostess has additional aids to help you teach.
- Head back to handouts for Lesson 16 and play Stop and Go again.
- Play Simon Says! Have one person (team teacher or parent) help out by pointing out when Simon doesn't say to represent how Heavenly Father will help us obey.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Love One Another"- Children's Songbook pg. 136
"When We're Helping"- Children's Songbook pg. 198
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"Stand for Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- Children's Songbook pg. 177
"The Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 112
My Primary 3 Lesson 18 handout packet includes
- 1 Nephi 3:7 coloring page and puzzle- Cut the sheet into the appropriate difficulty level puzzle pieces for your class. Then build the boat together as a class or make enough for each person. Glue on top of another sheet of paper and color! Have your class draw themselves on the boat next to Nephi too.
Nephi Builds a Ship Jumbo Cutouts- Grab these cute figures to tell the story, make a scene, or use as puppets (from Latter-day Chatter)
Nephi Builds a Ship- Circle the tools Nephi might of used and color it
Nephi Build a Ship- Color the figures to tell the story
I Obey Jesus Christ Because I Love Him- Scripture Journaling activity with tablets for the commandments
I Will Go and Do- Match the people with their actions
Choose the Right Way- Get through the maze by choosing to obey
I Obey Jesus Christ- Write the commandments on these tablets or about things you have done to keep the commandments
Keep the Commandments- Make this moving picture to demonstrate coming closer to Christ as we keep the commandments
Living the Commandments- Divide the commandments into these 3 categories then fill bags up with strips of paper saying how you saw someone keep that commandment this week