The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 19: Heavenly Father Helps Us When We Pray is to realize that we can receive help from Heavenly Father when we pray.
- For older classes, discuss these 5 Ways to Make Prayers More Meaningful and send them home with the Prayer Thoughts notepad.
- Scripture Scouts Prayer Video- I love the Scriptures Scouts. You would have to get permission first to use this since it's not an official church publication but I think it would be fun to watch! The video is the one on the right with the picture of the girl in the graduation cap. This video we sing when we forget how prayer goes. You can also buy Scripture Scouts here and have fun listening to it at home and in class.
- Take pictures of the children in a prayer position. Paste it on paper and write "I Can Pray"- Polaroid works great.
- Use the Red Headed Hostess's draw and learn activity included in her class packet.
- Love Pray Teach also has a handout packet that includes a "mustache" you a question game. Use chicken05 for an extra 5% off.
The following are resources to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
"Did You Think to Pray"- Hymn #140
"A Child's Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 12
"A Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 22
"A Prayer Song"- Children's Songbook pg. 22
"A Song of Thanks"- Children's Songbook pg. 20
"Family Prayer"- Children's Songbook pg. 189
"Heavenly Father, Now I Pray"- Children's Songbook pg. 19
"I Pray in Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 14
"I Thank Thee, Dear Father"- Children's Songbook pg. 7
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"Thanks to Thee"- Children's Songbook pg. 6
"We Bow Our Heads"- Children's Songbook pg. 25
My Primary 3 Lesson 19 Handout Packet includes
- Please Bless Us and Thank Thee bag labels- You will want three bags for this activity- two lunch bag sized ones for the labels and one large one.
- Prayer Cards- Have the children pick one and put it into a bag (or draw them out of the bag). Once you go through the cards, pull out the bigger bag. This represents the answers and blessings we have received because of prayers. Give everyone a black square of paper to either write or draw their answer on then put into the large bag.
Dive a bit deeper with my Understanding Prayer Flipbook. It includes the stories of Enos, Joseph Smith, the Liahona, Zacharias and Elisabeth- 25 flipbook pages plus covers. Use coupon code PRAYER to get it for 50% off through the end of May.
Candyland: Prayers Are Answered- Fun board game to play from Latter-day Chatter
The $5 Miracle- President Monson's story followed by a Crossword Puzzle (older classes)
Prayer Is Reverent Communication between God and Me- Story and Memory game
I Choose the Right by Living Gospel Principles- Prayer rock instructions
We Do Not Doubt- Dot-to-dot
Prayer Reminders- Two piece puzzles
Prayer of Thanks- Count the number of things
Fasting and Prayer- Make these movable figures
The Power of Prayer- Board Game
Heavenly Father Hears and Answers Prayers- Slider to write on
I Can Receive Answers to Prayer- Cut and color these steps of how to receive answers
Heavenly Father, Are You Really There?- Write down a prayer reminders
Prayer- Word Search
Prayers and Ordinances- Word puzzle (older classes)
Ponder, Pray, and Listen- Morning and Evening Slider
I Can Pray- Prayer booklet
Our Heavenly Father is Only a Prayer Away- Bright Idea poster
Prayer- Color by Number
Prayer- Could make into a booklet
What Should I Know about Pray- Color the dots to discover the image