The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 46: Jesus Christ Made It Possible for Us to Live Forever (Easter) is to understand that Jesus Christ made it possible for us to live forever because He loves us.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a great Easter Flipbook that would compliment this lesson nicely or try her #PRINCEofPEACE lesson.
- Give out a chocolate treat with these great Easter nugget wrappers. Your class will be so impressed.
- Tie this year's Mormon.org's Easter initiative into your lesson- #PRINCEofPEACE. Find a lot of free printables from bloggers like me here or use Mormon.org's video.
- Find additional Easter resources in this Teaching Help.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"He Is Risen!" by President Thomas S. Monson
"Resurrection" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks
I also highly recommend using Deseret Bookshelf PLUS. It's a subscription service that gives you unlimited access to a ton of audio and ebooks. Search for books about the Resurrection and listen to them this week. Try it 30 days free or read more about it first.
"Jesus Said Love Everyone"- Children's Songbook pg. 61
"Did Jesus Really Live Again?"- Children's Songbook pg. 64
"Jesus Has Risen"- Children's Songbook pg. 70
"Jesus Loved the Little Children"- Children's Songbook pg. 59
"Jesus is Our Loving Friend"- Children's Songbook pg. 58
"Easter Hosanna"- Children's Songbook pg. 68
"He Died That We Might Live Again"- Children's Songbook pg. 65
"He Sent His Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 34
"Hosanna"- Children's Songbook pg. 66
"On a Golden Springtime"- Children's Songbook pg. 88
My Kingdom is Not of This World ( about 5 1/2 minutes)- Jesus is crucified then breaks the bands of death
His Sacred Name- An Easter Declaration (about 3 minutes)- Remember the sacred name, life, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ
He is Risen: John the Beloved's Witness of the Resurrection (about 13 1/2 minutes)- John's testimony of the last events in the Savior's life
He is Risen (about 7 1/2 minutes)- What does the Savior mean to you
Because of Him (about 3 minutes)- What is possible because of His sacrifice for us
My Primary 3 Lesson 46 Easter handout packet includes
- Colored Jesus Christ Loves Me posters- boy and girl version. Get a photo of each student and glue their head on the bodies then laminate or frame so they can have a constant reminder. These are great for kids to look at during the sacrament.
- Coloring page version of Jesus Christ Loves Me posters- boy and girl version. Bring googley eyes, yarn, and other fun coloring things like glitter markers (my kids love these).
An Easter Testimony- Put the pictures in order to unscramble the message.
He Sent His Son- Booklet that can easily be put into eggs too
Jesus Christ Lives- Put these pictures in order
Picturing Easter- A simple puzzle
The Easter Story- Pictures telling the story
Easter Week- Cut the pictures out to talk about the events that led up to Easter Sunday.
Easter: A story for you to tell- Small pictures to tell the story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection
Easter Footsteps- A map showing some key events the few days before His crucifixion
Joy to the World- Poster...there would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter
Easter Images and Memes- 2 pages of great ones to use. Include them in Easter eggs, use them as Easter cards for friends and family, or just decorate with them. Also see this collection of Easter images.
The First Easter- Rebus Story
Easter ABC Fill-in- For older kids, fill in the blanks as you go through the alphabet
Easter and the Signs of Spring (comes with a story)