The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 4: Joseph Smith's Childhood is to encourage everyone to follow the example of Joseph Smith by following Jesus and being a good family member.
- Keep in mind that next week's lesson is on the First Vision then the Restoration.
- This page on LDS.org has several more links about Joseph Smith that are useful for these next few lessons.
- This media page is full of images of Joseph Smith including as a child that you can use for additional coloring pages.
- Discover 6 learning activities in this lesson packet about Joseph Smith's childhood from The Red Headed Hostess.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Love at Home"- Hymn #294
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"An Angel Came to Joseph Smith"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"On a Golden Springtime"- Children's Songbook pg. 88
"The Sacred Grove"- Children's Songbook pg. 87
"The Golden Plates"- Children's Songbook pg. 86
"This is My Beloved Son"- Children's Songbook pg. 76
A Seer Will I Raise Up (about 5 minutes)- Joseph Smith is prepared to bring about the restoration
D&C Stories- Illustrated scripture studies
Seeker of Truth (about 2 minutes)- Describes Joseph's search for truth
Special Witness- Elder Christofferson (about 6 minutes)- Testifies of Joseph Smith's First Vision
The Restoration (about 20 minutes)- The First Vision
My Primary 3 Lesson 4 handout packet includes
- Wordstrips as stated in Preparation #3
- Joseph Smith handout to go with Enrichment Activity #2
Partial Pictures- Figure out the scenes of these partial pictures with these scriptures
Joseph Smith- Prophet of the Restoration- Make a shoe box scene of the First Vision
Joseph Smith Finger Scenes- Finger puppets to tell the story
The Life of Joseph Smith- Map out the events in Joseph Smith's life
Family Fun- Find the hidden objects
I Can Help My Family Be Happy- Draw happy or sad faces next to the pictures
I Love My Family- Find the hidden objects
My Family- ASL signs for family
Strengthening My Family- Make a paper chain with these pictures
The Family- Word search (older classes)