The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 13: The Baptismal Covenant is to understand that when we are baptized, we make a covenant with Heavenly Father.
- This lesson is very similar to Primary 3 lesson 11- go back to those lesson helps to find additional activity ideas for Baptism. This lesson helps post will contain lesson ideas specifically geared towards baptismal covenants.
- Give your class these Baptism bookmarks to remember the covenants they will make at baptism.
- There is also my handout for Primary 5 Lesson 12 that covers more of the promises we make at baptism.
- And of course, check out The Red Headed Hostess lesson packet.
The following links are to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Before I Take the Sacrament"- Children's Songbook pg. 73
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"The Sacrament"- Children's Songbook pg. 72
"When I Am Baptized"- Children's Songbook pg. 103
"Baptism"- Children's Songbook pg. 100
The Baptism of Jesus (about 3 minutes)- Bible Video
Jesus Teaches of Being Born Again (about 6 minutes)- Bible Video
Rosemary M. Wixom (about 40 seconds)- Encourages us to make and keep sacred covenants
Elder Nelson Talks About Covenants (about 5 minutes)- Making and keeping covenants is a precious doctrine
My Primary 3 Lesson 13 handout packet includes
- Baptismal covenant puzzle
- "I can keep my promises" badge- Add the circle to these Celebratory Ribbons to give your class in the Attention Activity
Baptism, My First Covenant- A Paper to fill out once you have been baptized with all the details. You could fill it out in future tense though as a goal to strive towards.
My Faith in Jesus Christ Grows When I Make and Keep Sacred Covenants- Make a slider movie of the covenants you make
Signs of a Covenant- Look up the scripture reference to match the pictures then color
Keeping Our Baptismal Covenant- Board game