The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 3: The Commandments Helps Us Choose the Right is understand that Heavenly Father gave us commandments to helps make right choices.
- Pergler's Primary Place shares a fun bowling activity that you can use during your lesson as you learn the 10 commandments
- Discover 7 more teaching helps and ideas about keeping the commandments at The Red Headed Hostess.
- Hatch Patch has a lesson packet that includes a game and story about the commandments.
- Print Rachael's free 10 Commandment foldable activity- it's sure to be a hit with the older classes.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"Dare to Do Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 158
"Keep the Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 146
"Nephi's Courage"- Children's Songbook pg. 120 (especially verse 3)
"Seek the Lord Early"- Children's Songbook pg. 108
"Stand for Right"- Children's Songbook pg. 159
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- Children's Songbook pg. 177
"The Commandments"- Children's Songbook pg. 112
My Primary 3 Lesson 3 handout packet includes
- 10 Commandments Handout- It says "I will keep the commandments" on the top. Cut out the traffic signs that are provided in the manual and glue them around this handout too since keeping the commandments goes beyond the big 10. You could also cut this handout into puzzle pieces.
- Mosiah 2:22 handout
- Lehi's Dream handout- Use it to briefly go over Lehi's dream as stated in Enrichment Activity 2. Then glue on the traffic signs along the iron rod and draw yourself on the right path. If you have an older class, dive into Lehi's Dream deeper with this Study Journal for Kids.
Abinadi and the Ten Commandments- Crossword (older kids)
Ten Commandments- Finger play (scroll down)
I Obey Jesus Christ- Write the commandments on these tablets or about things you have done to keep the commandments
Keep the Commandments- Decode and circle the right picture (older kids)
Commandments- Draw pictures that go with some of the commandments President Hunter has mentioned
Keep the Commandments- Make this moving picture to demonstrate coming closer to Christ as we keep the commandments
Living the Commandments- Divide the commandments into these 3 categories then fill bags up with strips of paper saying how you saw someone keep that commandment this week