The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 24: The Lord Helps Missionaries is to understand that Jesus helps missionaries teach others about the gospel.
- Treat your class with these neat LDS Missionary Nugget Wrappers from My Computer Is My Canvas. Tie in the labels to some of the points in the lesson and challenge them to do a missionary activity to earn each chocolate.
- Order these Future Missionary clips now so you can hand out them out in next week's lesson!
- Bring photos of the missionaries in your ward and have your class find their missions on a map.
- Check out all the activities included in The Red Headed Hostess class packet.
The following are LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
"The Seventh Article of Faith"- Children's Songbook pg. 126
"We'll Bring the World his Truth"- Children's Songbook pg. 172
"I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"- Children's Songbook pg. 169
"Book of Mormon Stories"- Children's Songbook pg. 118
"The Church of Jesus Christ"- Children's Songbook pg. 77
"Called to Serve"- Children's Songbook pg. 174
The Primary 3 Lesson 24 Handout packet includes:
- 3 different styles of missionary stationery to write the ones in your ward! They are coloring book style for extra fun. You can write one letter together and have everyone write their name or each child can do their own.
Ammon, A Great Servant Jumbo Cut-outs- Grab these great cut-outs from Latter-day Chatter to use as a flannel board story or create your own scenes
Book of Mormon Story- (older classes) Crossword puzzle with clues about Ammon
Finding King Lamoni's Sheep- Find all the sheep
I Will Be His Servant- Ammon mobile
Ammon and the Lamanite King- Script to put on the play
LDS Doctrinal Flashcards- Practice being a missionaries with these flashcards from Red Headed Hostess.
At the Pageant- Help the Sister Missionaries find the people the are supposed to teach
Being Like a Missionary- Dress Tanner up to be like a missionary
Draw a Missionary- (older classes) Drawing instructions
Missionary Work- Ideas on how to be a missionary now or prepare to be one
Preparing for a Mission- Fill in the sentence and talk about things you can do now to be a better full-time missionary later
I Can Be a Missionary Now- Board game
I Can Choose to Be a Missionary Now- Practice answering the questions so you'll know what to say when a friend asks
I Will Prepare- Sign these cards saying you'll prepare for a mission
Life of a Missionary- (older classes) Fill in the blanks to discover the answer to the puzzle
Mission Call- Find the hidden objects (this one has pictures of the items)
Matching Missionaries- Find the one that matches
Missionary Activity- Make this growing missionary
Missionary Appointment- Find the right door
Preaching Two by Two- Find the missionary's companion
Sharing the Book of Mormon Around the World- (older classes) Figure out who is going to which country
Missionary Quest- Find the right person
The Gospel Will Be Preached in All the World- Memory game
The Sons of Mosiah- Learn this fingerplay
We'll Bring the World His Truth- Find the differences
You Found Me, Bishop- Story from President Monson with activities after
Missionary Fun- Bright Idea poster
Young Men, I Admonish You to Prepare for Service as a Missionary...- Bright Idea poster