The purpose in teaching Primary 5 Lesson 3: The Angel Moroni Visits Joseph Smith is to understand the importance of Moroni's message.
- Have fun with the Attention Activity with great voices and the microphone prop in my handouts below. I think it would be a blast to use it for the rest of the lesson when people answer questions as long as it doesn't interrupt the Spirit. Bring a reporter's hat or some other prop too.
- The Red Headed Hostess has a lesson packet with 12 pages of learning activities and handouts.
- Instead of repeating out loud the paragraph in Enrichment Activity 2, do it telephone style- whisper it into the person's ear then they have to repeat it to the next person and so on. People are allowed to ask for a repeat but don't state that in the rules- just see what they do. The last person repeats what he heard out loud.
- Print all the Article of Faith posters out now and use them throughout the year.
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 5 Lesson 3 handout packet includes
- Microphone prop to use in the Attention Activity. Fold the sides over and secure. You can also use the scraps to stuff the microphone for added 3D fun. If you do stuff it, there is an extra microphone head to staple on to the back. I stapled the bottom of the microphone first then stuffed it and attached the head (see photo below- it's the microphone in the middle). It makes it easier to hold.
- Basic elements of the Gospel strips to go with Enrichment Activity 3
- Journal Page