This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for your support. See the full disclosure.
In Proverbs 3:5-6, it says,
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
How do you trust in the Lord? What actions or purposeful thoughts do you take in order to show that you trust in Him? One of the hardest things to do is to let go of our own wants and desires and trust in the Lord's bigger plan. Sometimes your thoughts and His thoughts are aligned already but other times it's a giant leap of faith.
If you are new, every Wednesday, different LDS bloggers share their favorite scripture and why via Facebook. In each Faceboook Live video, they will also tell you about the new free printable I make to go along with their scripture. Sometimes it's a poster to hang in your home, sometimes a coloring page or mini booklet. Be sure to check out some of the other scripture freebies you can use.
This week, Katelyn from What's Up Fagans is sharing her favorite scripture and you get this free post-it note printable to go with it. 2 post-it notes have the scripture verses on them. The other 4 are designed with room for you to fill in the blank.
Click the image above to print
To print on post-its, you'll want to print page one first (the one with 6 squares). Put a post-it note over each square (with the sticky side at the top). This will help ensure that the words line up to print on the post-its. Then feed your post-it note covered paper into your printer (sticky side first to avoid paper jams) and print page 2. If you want to make sure the graphic colors doesn't change with your post-it note colors, these white post-it notes are perfect.
Use these post-it printables for:
- Family Night- Read the scripture to together and discuss certain phrases and their meanings. Then give everyone a few fill-in-the-blank post-it notes. Challenge everyone to fill them in this week and hang the post-it notes somewhere they will see them often. Each time you read them you can choose to strengthen your trust in the Lord.
- Hang them on your mirror or fridge to remind you to trust in the Lord.
- If you have a decision that you are struggling with, ponder over this scripture. Get your notebook out and write down all thoughts in your head about the decision you need to make. Then fill in these post-it notes to remember how you will trust in the Lord as you go through this process.
- When a challenge comes your way that seems too overwhelming, go through these post-it notes to remind yourself the Lord will help you on your way.
- These would also go great with many a church lesson.
Be sure to head on over to Katelyn's blog too. She wrote a great post, The Foolproof Way to Making Decisions that relates back to this scripture.
Love printing on post-it notes? Keep the fun going with these themed Printable Sticky Notes- great for birthdays, I'm Sorry, Love Notes, and more.
Your Turn- How do you show your trust in the Lord? How will you use these post-its?