The purpose of Primary 1 Lesson 13: I Am Thankful for Birds and Insects is to feel gratitude for birds, insects, and creeping things.
- Get some plastic spider rings and web and play toss the spiders in the web- if you don't spread the web out too much some should stick to it- try it out a home first so you know what you are looking for in class. You could also make a stick and yarn web craft.
- Have fun making these cute and easy pom pom caterpillars or try this paper plate version instead.
- The Red Headed Hostess also has a great lesson packet full of fun images and ideas for this lesson.
The following are links to LDS.org unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 1 Lesson 13 handout packet includes
- Bee headband- There are two versions- one with antenna and one without. I recommend making your own antenna with black pipe cleaners and pom poms but if you don't have time for that, cut around the antenna and put a popsicle stick behind them so they won't bend as much.
- Two bird cut outs- Accordion fold a colored piece of paper and stick through the cut out circles to make wings! They don't have to be perfect so your class could help fold as well as color the birds.
For the Birds- Solve the clues and guess the birds
Animal Jingles- Easy clues to guess the animals
Animal Matchup- Memory game with animals
Bible Birds- Color birds found in the Bible (matching scriptures)
Two Birds-Picture story
Birds of a Feather- Directions on how to make a bird craft
Food for the Birds- Directions to make bird feeder food
Color Bird Match- Fun File Folder game