The purpose of Primary 3 Lesson 14: The Word of Wisdom is to understand that the Lord blesses us when we follow the Word of Wisdom.
- This is a great lesson to bring in food. Please remember to check with any allergies though and wipe everything off when you are done!
- The Red Headed Hostess has a great lesson packet that includes more activities or get her combo packet to save some time and money.
The following links are from LDS.org unless otherwise stated
What is the Word of Wisdom that Mormons talk about?- From Mormon.org, the very basic definition so there is no confusion
"The Word of Wisdom" The Principle and the Promises" by President Boyd K. Packer
"A Principle with a Promise" by President Ezra Taft Benson
I also highly recommend Deseret Bookshelf PLUS. You can read or listen to a TON of LDS books. It's a great way to get spiritual nourishment for your week.
"The Word of Wisdom"- Children's Songbook pg. 154
"In Our Lovely Deseret"- Hymn #307
"Keep the Commandments"- Hymn #303
"True to the Faith"- Hymn #254
"The Lord Gave Me a Temple"- Children's Songbook pg. 153
"Choose the Right Way"- Children's Songbook pg. 160
"For Health and Strength"- Children's Songbook pg. 21 (Round)
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise"- Children's Songbook pg. 280 (Round)
My Primary 3 Lesson 14 packet includes
- Boy and Girl cut out- Attach to paper bags or popsicle sticks to make a puppet. If you use a paper bag, cut the head and body apart so you glue the head to the bottom of the bag to make a puppet. Then cut a slit under the flap so it's like it is really eating the food.
- Food to feed the puppets- good and bad
- Old classes- Use the puppets on a popsicle sticks to play Swat It instead. Place all the food on the table with two people at opposite sides. Then describe a food. The first one to correctly swat it (with their puppet) gets the point.
If you like these lesson resources, please pin it so others can find it too!
A Healthy Body- Use the pictures and scripture to figure out the promises
Exercise is Fun- Find the hidden objects plus a game idea
Warning!- Match the scriptures to the picture
Test Your Health IQ- (older classes) Short quiz (scroll down)
Word of Wisdom Picture Puzzler- (older classes) Fill in the blanks using the pictures then see the message
Word of Wisdom Promise- (older classes) Decode to discover the promise
Healthy and Happy- Instructions about drawing food on a plate. It'd be fun to just glue pictures of food on a plate too.
My Body- a Temple- Make an exercising man that moves
My Busy Body- Poster talking about what the body does
Good Choices- Color by Number
...Shows Respect for My Body- Scroll to the bottom to find a family out for a walk/bike ride
Daniel Obeys the Lord- Scripture story figures to color