The main purpose of teaching Primary 3 Lesson 42: Tithing is to strengthen everyone's desire to pay their tithing.
- Practice making 10% with this Tithing file folder game from Green Jell-O with Carrots.
- Now that you can pay tithing online, you can pull up an example for your class to see on your tablet...just be sure they don't pay a whole lot of tithing for you!
The following are links to LDS.org resources unless otherwise stated.
My Primary 3 Lesson 42 handout packet includes
- Several pieces of Chicken money for practice
- Worksheet to go with Enrichment Activity 4- Make it extra fun with some Scratch n Sniff stickers!
- Envelopes to go with Enrichment Activity 1
- Large tithing slip for easy viewing
How Tithing is Used- Circle the picture that is different
Blessings of Tithing- Use these windows to talk about the blessings from tithing
Tithes and Offerings- From the For Strength of Youth. You can find additional articles, video clips, and lots of Mormonads on this page
Tithing Around the World- Match the money from different countries
Tithing Maze- Find your way to the temple
Tithing Jar- Make a jar for your tithing
Tithing Time- Find your way to the Bishop and his counselors to pay your tithing
Never Forget- Make this elephant bank to remember to pay 1/10
Find the Coins- Look the for the coins in this hidden picture- also has a tithing maze and jar activity
Why is Tithing Important?- Post with answers from Elder Robert D. Hales (Quorum of the 12)
The Law of Tithing- Questions and answers that are scripture references